September 22, 2014

My New Korean Haircut and Colour from CHOAYO Salon, Indonesia

YEP! Got myself a new haircut (and colour!) after neglecting it for 8 months! You can see how messy and out-of-style my hair was before:
Magic!
You probably never noticed it before, because I was so good at covering it with my loose curls (click to learn how to do it!) >:) 

However, due to the excessive curling (and constant colouring), my hair suffered some pretty serious damage as you can see in the 'before' pic above! And that led me to reduce the curling process, but the dilemma was... my straight, unstyled hair looked hideous. That was why I decided to get a new haircut!

Because with a good haircut, you don't need that much styling anymore. :)

What I aim for:
Not a big change, just a healthy looking hair with volume in it.
(When it comes to hairstyle, I'm usually quite conservative hehe..)

Now, allow me to share with you guys my personal experience at this NEW Korean hair boutique located in Alam Sutera, Tangerang:
CHOAYO SALON
 My first impression as I stepped in the salon was, "WOW nice decor!" I felt happy instantly with all the bright colours and proper lighting. (︶ω︶)
 The friendly cashier greeted me and asked what I wanted to get. I told her I wanted a haircut and hair colouring.
 After that, she asked me to wait for my turn. I took the time to browse through the magazines for some hairstyle ideas. :D

And finally, after about 10 minutes, it was MY TURN!


The Hair Makeover Process

 Step 1: Hair Washing.
What I love the most about getting my hair washed at the salon is none other than the MASSAGE! Oh the massage... (─‿─)
 Step 2: Consulting with the Hair Stylist about what hairstyle to get.
At this step, it would be easier if you bring a magazine or some photographs to give your hair stylist some ideas about what you want. You can also ask their opinions on which style suits your face shape best.

NoteDon't be afraid to emphasise what you want. I know some hair stylists can be intimidating but you have to remember that it's YOUR hair! YOU are the one who have to live with it. If your hair stylist doesn't make you feel comfortable, just change to another stylist!

Here in Choayo Salon, I find the hair stylist to be very kind, polite, yet insightful which made me feel relaxed from the start :)
 Step 3: Chop Chop!
I don't know about you, but during this step, I always prefer to read a book or magazine, or play with my phone, or sleep, rather than having small talks with the hair stylist (HS) haha.. I'm just so bad at it. Luckily, the HS in Choayo only talked to me if he had some questions about my hair. ^^
 Almost there...
 The HS giving his last touch.
 The cutting process... DONE! Already looked much better than the 'before' pic, I guess? :)

NEXT: COLOURING  
 Step 4: Hair Vitamin
Before the colouring process began, they sprayed this hair vitamin onto my hair to nourish it :)
 Step 7: Cooking the Colours.
At first I wanted to dye my hair using chemical hair dyes, but the HS suggested me to do Hair Manicure instead! He told me my hair condition was already so damaged, therefore he was afraid chemical hair dyes would make it even worse. ((((*。_。)_
Actually it was the first time I heard about hair manicure haha, thank you for the suggestion!!
 If you're also new to hair manicure, you might want to know some things about it:
• It's known to add natural shine to damaged hair
• The treatment is similar to deep conditioning procedures
• You can choose between a coloured hair manicure cream and a clear cream that only meant to add shine but no colour. 
• It will not show any drastic changes in the colour itself (the choice of colours is not that many either).
• Typically, women who do the hair manicure seek the treatment for the healthy shine it gives them, not for the colour.
• Lasts about 2-3 months. After that the colour will fade away to your previous hair colour.
(Credits: x)
Step 8: Applying the cream. 
The process is similar to a traditional hair colouring process, but it doesn't sting your scalp at all! Love it!
 Step 9: Wrap it up!
I think the whole process of hair manicure took around 45 minutes.
 Step 10: Styling
For this step, I just told the HS to do as he liked. :)


Final Look

 TADAAAHHH!! Looks so much more fresh and healthy, don't you think? ^^
I really love how the HS styled my hair as it didn't look overdone.
Anyway, it's been so long since the last time I had dark hair colour! And I've got to say, I LOVE IT!
Here's the front, side and back view!
Just like I wanteda healthy voluminous hair! “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”


The Place

I think it would be a sin if I didn't talk about the interior design of this salon, because it's just so unique and chic! I love that they play with colours (which creates a happy atmosphere), while keeping it simple and "clean" looking. You can surely feel the Korean vibe here haha..
 Love the oval mirrors on the first floor! 
 The second floor is more spacious. 
 Finally, I can't help but taking outfit photos here!! Isn't it great that after you get your hair done, you can take nice photos right away? ;)
 Glad that my outfit matched the decor hehe..
 Every corner is a photo opportunity! xD
 Checking my hair out for the last time. I just love it so much!


The Price

They have 3 awesome stylists who are ready to work their magic on your hair!
One is from Korea, Mr. Oh Ming Suk,
and the other two are from Indonesia, but they are just as skilled because they have been trained directly by Mr. Oh himself :)

Here's the price list:
• Haircut: IDR 200,000 (Indonesian stylist) | IDR 410,000 (Korean stylist)
• Fringe Trim (Poni): IDR 100,000
• Bun (Sanggul) Styling: IDR 150,000
• Hair Wash and Blow Dry: IDR 50,000 - 80,000
• Curling: IDR 750,000 - 1,550,000
• Coloring: IDR 550,000 - 950,000
• Bonding or Smoothing: IDR 950,000 - 1,350,000
• Hair Manicure: IDR 750,000 - 1,000,000
• Volume Magic: IDR 1,050,000 - 1,550,000

Thank you sooo much, Choayo Salon for reviving my hair and boosting my confidence! And also for your excellent service! I felt very welcomed by the friendly staff. Definitely going to recommend you to all my family and friends :)

CHOAYO SALON
Jl. Ruko Jalur Sutera 31-A no. 8,
Alam Sutera, Tangerang
Indonesia
(021) 5396367
choayo.corps@yahoo.com

p.s. You can get 15% DISCOUNT off your bill simply by following their Instagram account, snap a photo in the salon and upload it to your own Instagram account! Don't forget to tag them too! :)


All right guys, thank you for reading and see you in my next post!

XOXO
Elissa Yamada

74 comments:

  1. bakal kangen banget sama rambut panjangnya ci elle :" tapi model yg skarang juga bagussss :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha rambut bisa tumbuh lagiii, yang penting sehat :D

      Delete
    2. Pengakuan tulus dari saya sendiri IBU ENDANG WULANDARI .saya mau mengucapkan terima kasih yang tidak terhingga,serta dan rasa kagum yang setinggi-tingginya kepada KI KANJENG DEMANG,saya kerja sebagai PEMBATU HONGKONG selama 9 tahun di HONGKONG ,dengan gaji lebih kurang 2.jta 5000.ribu /bln,tidak cukup untuk memenuhi kebutuhan sehari-hari,apalagi setiap bulan harus mengirim uang dikeluarga di jawa barat, sudah lama saya mengetahui roomnya ini, juga sudah lama mendengar nama besar AKI, tapi saya termasuk orang yang tidak terlalu percaya dengan hal seperti itu, jadi saya pikir ini pasti kerjaan orang iseng tetapi kemarin waktu pengeluaran, saya coba2 pasang angka 6D benar2 tidak percaya dan hampir pingsang,angka yang di berikan KI KANJENG DEMANG ternyata fositip tembus, awalnya saya coba2 menelpon, saya bilang saya terlantar di HONGKONG, tidak ada ongkos pulang,terus beliau mebantu kasih angka 6D, lansung saya disuruh mendaptar jadi member mulanya saya tidak percaya, mungkin angka ini keluar, tapi dengan penuh pengharapan saya pasangin kali 100 lembar, sisa gaji bulan ternyata tembus….!!!sekali lagi terima kasih banyak KI KANJENG DEMANG, saya sudah kapok kerja jadi pembantu,rencana minggu depan mau pulang aja ke jawa barat,,buat AKI,saya tidak akan lupa bantuan dan budi baik AKI. yng berminak ingin minta angka goib silakan hubungi KI KANJENG DEMANG Di Nomr ini 081-234-666-039 terima kasih....????>>>ATAU KLIK DISINI

      Delete
  2. pake rambut apa aja tetep cakep kok :D

    http://www.twinklelittleheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi L.
    Always enjoy reading ur blog. Writing comment is not my thingy. Prefer reading. This is 1st time putting a comment. I guess this is one of ur recommeded saloon. Any negative reviews like to share? You mentioned all good reviews above and definitely u like the saloon but ur eyes said otherwise.
    Just curious. Cheers. RT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ront, I genuinely like the salon! I guess my eyes were just tired from work or exposure to computer screen. @___@

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks pretty whether it's long or not ^^ your new look is very pretty! :D
    That hair stylist is Korean, right? This seems like a nice salon. I should go there in the future probably~

    gabbythegabby.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty ci. rambutnya keliatan lebih sehat <3

    www.stepfromsteph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair maincure tu kaya gimana ya ci? Apa kaya perawatan rambut gitu ? Makasih :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair Manicure:
      • It's known to add natural shine to damaged hair
      • The treatment is similar to deep conditioning procedures
      • You can choose between a coloured hair manicure cream and a clear cream that only meant to add shine but no colour.
      • It will not show any drastic changes in the colour itself (the choice of colours is not that many either).
      • Typically, women who do the hair manicure seek the treatment for the healthy shine it gives them, not for the colour.
      • Lasts about 2-3 months. After that the colour will fade away to your previous hair colour.

      Delete
  7. cantiiiiiik banget kak :)))))))
    Cocok banget penampilan barunya, dan recommended place to go deh :)
    Semoga di bandung juga ada hairstyle Korea yg kece gitu :D Nice review kak

    Salam,
    Karina Melias in karinamelias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaa~ the decor looks adorable and lovely <33

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. kk ell curling disana maksudnya perming bkn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curling ada berbagai macam tipe, kamu coba tanya2 langsung aja ya: (021) 5396367 :)

      Delete
  10. Very nice!
    I always want to give some color on my hair to make my face less pale..
    but i always have a doubt on my mind,

    can i take a good care of my hair after the coloring process?

    Will i look good after i give some color on my hair?

    And plenty uncertain thoughts on my mind...
    But you give me some courage to try something new on my hair..
    thanks for the inspiration elle!

    theresiajuanita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tambah cantik aja sih Elle dgn model rambut barunya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wahh, aku suka rambut bagian bawah yang bergelombang itu.
    Itu istilanya apa ya

    LINE.CHAT.LDR

    ReplyDelete
  13. your new hair look so shiny and healty
    definitely worth it right?

    xx
    indri-tanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair look amazing, I was also captivated by the decor.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cee kalo yang cece curl itu termasuk styling (150.000) atau permanent curl (750.000-1.550.000) ? Thank youu ce :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, I'm starry-eyed! You look absolutely gorgeous! (The lighting on your before picture is so pretty too!)

    I'm glad you were able to find a salon with nice stylists. My hair is very damaged from going platinum blonde, and some stylists can be very mean because of how damaged it is! Anyway, I hope you come to NYC and have your hair done so I know where to go! (๑>ᴗ<๑)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!!
    *speechless*

    everything's great here

    http://www.phieselphie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice of color and great style!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute hair! I love the color :)

    http://mrmichell.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love your hair color so muuuuuch, sis ;) btw, hair manicure was so famous lately. and i think i should try it too :D

    www.filiandyelny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just moved to Jakarta, Indonesia and was looking for a nice salon.
    Will def check this out as I lived in Korea for 4 years and enjoyed the salon there the most :)
    Nice hair color Elle :)

    adressgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice :) buat perawatan rambut bisa masuk sini perawatan

    ReplyDelete
  24. so beautiful style.. i am impressed with this stylish haircut man.. this girl looking so cute and attractive with new style.i like it!! this hair color is unique and very gorgeous hair style..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi elle, just wondering what was the name of the hair colour?
    Thanks x

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, What a nice story to read up, I enjoyed the way you have expressed!! Also I wanted to endorse this wigs company which is a better choice for hair salons to endorse please check this Lace Front Wigs This is provided by PinkLaceWigs, this is one of the best hair care wigs providers, I would advice to just have a look at their site to know more about their products.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fashion is a part of live like new and latest fashion you know every one wants to do some kinds of good tips about fashion.here you can check some good tips about Hair stylist Hair stylist in Barrie
    Thanks for share that...

    ReplyDelete
  28. May i know what your hair looks like after blow effect dissapeare? 'cause everytime i cut my hair in some salon on BSD always looks nice in the salon, but after i wash my hair on the next day it ends with not so good hair style hiks...Thanks for your suggestion and information before, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, I thought you were Malaysian Chinese lol. You're gorgeous.

    But to be honest, your nose is really fake. Can't tell if you ever undergone plastic surgery for your whole face or nose only.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely in love with your blog. Great work! This post has been very helpful I can't wait to use some of these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Parker double edge best safety razor is considered to be a heavy weight. There is emphasis on the weight since its dictates the balance and the heft of the razor.

    ReplyDelete
  32. MAUNYA KELUAR UANG SEDIKIT TAPI MENDAPAT MASUKAN UANG YANG BANYAK? GAMPANGGG... BOSKU
    GABUNG SAJA DI INDOMONOPOLY MAINKAN GAME NYA DAN MENANGKAN PULUHAN JUTA RUPIAH DARI KAMI.
    PROMO CASHBACK 10% DARI NILAI KEKALAHAN ANDA GAME ONLINE TERBAIK & TEPERCAYA INDOMONOPOLY.COM
    TERTARIK / BERMINAT ,TAPI BINGUNG BAGAIMANA CARA GABUNG DI GAME KAMI?? BISA LANGSUNG HUBUNGI
    LIVE CHAT KAMI SETIA MELAYANI ANDA 24JAM. KEMUDAHAN HANYA BERSAMA KAMI DI INDOMONOPOLY.COM
    SETIA MEMBANTU ANDA SEMUA.
    1.KUNJUNGI WEB KAMI : http://bit.ly/1QULFBI

    2.BBM Pin : 5649B320

    3.contact us : LINE : hermilyrostan

    4.cara bermain game INDOMONOPOLY di pc http://bit.ly/1R1fOPQ

    5.petunjuk unduh game INDOMONOPOLY di android http://bit.ly/1SoikP4

    6.TERSEDIA JUGA DI PLAYSTORE KHUSUS DI ANDROID ANDA http://bit.ly/22ESOcV

    7.cara daftar userid di INDOMONOPOLY http://bit.ly/1mldTZz

    8.Tutorial cara bermain dan sistem potongan pada permain : http://bit.ly/1RFLt4X

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks 
    Alsu Travel |

    ReplyDelete
  34. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for.The Article is quite impressive and thoughts been put up has clearly got something to state.businessangelfunding.net |

    ReplyDelete
  35. A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views. I hope to see more informative and useful articles in future.aerocarservice.net |

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello,I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. funwithcars.net |

    ReplyDelete
  37. It is really a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.helpforthehomeless.net |

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just want to know, Whats the.color of your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  39. You need to take part in a contest for one of the finest websites online. I'm going to recommend this web site!dialogssoftware.net |

    ReplyDelete
  40. This blog is an exact representation of skills. I appreciate the blogger for posting the most excellent thought. This topic posted by you is trustworthy. healthysd.net |

    ReplyDelete
  41. I've just decided to create a blog, which I have been wanting to do for a while. Thanks for this post, it's really useful!myaffordablecomputer.org |

    ReplyDelete
  42. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.homeostatin.org |

    ReplyDelete
  43. I might want to thank you for your elegantly composed substance, its helpful and your written work style helped me to peruse it without any trouble.thebalancebusiness.org |

    ReplyDelete
  44. kak, yang Fringe Trim (Poni) it d apain ya rambut.a?
    thx u

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am truly inspired by this online journal! Extremely clear clarification of issues is given and it is open to every living soul. I have perused your post, truly you have given this extraordinary informative data about it.travelaunaturel.org |

    ReplyDelete
  46. We have an edge on Mississauga’s hair salon in regard to our services, which satisfies our clients with the value they want. This specific proposition made HM a famous salon in Mississauga who define the natures beauty in the best form. Best Hair Salon Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  47. Home hair dye kits are one of the most popular hair products on the market at the moment. However, there are a lot of things that can go wrong with home dye jobs, and it may be worth thinking about using a hair salon instead of buying a cheap kit if you want to permanently dye your hair; especially if you are considering a drastic change of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Experience VLCC hair spa treatment that not only leaves you with strong and bouncy hair but also makes refreshes your hair. Hair Services

    ReplyDelete
  49. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Nice hairr elle ���� pengen coba tapi jauh ya di alam sutra... kalau di bandung ada gak yah salon + hair stylist consultant yg seperti ituu?? Kalau ada blh infonya hehe ����

    ReplyDelete
  51. hair coloringnya, buat gentle jg boleh gak ?

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hey gyss check out this...

    Make your Bridal day more special with Vikas Srivastava (Professional Makeup Artist),We provide premium makeup services at affordable prices.
    We are one of the best Makeup Parlour in lucknow

    Vikas Beauty Point Spa and Salon has a very remarkable and experienced team of professionals who have helped us achieve the place where we stand today. Each one of our therapist and expert has immense knowledge of the respective field and they make sure that,
    they are going that extra mile to serve our clients with the best quality of service and treatments.
    With more than 10 years of experience, we are determined to realize all our goals and visions by serving our customers with the best.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hey gyss check out this...

    Make your Bridal day more special with Vikas Srivastava (Professional Makeup Artist),We provide premium makeup services at affordable prices.
    We are one of the best Makeup Parlour in lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  54. SAYA SEKELUARGA INGIN MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMAH KASIH KEPADA AKI NAWE BERKAT BANTUANYA SEMUA HUTANG HUTANG SAYA SUDAH PADA LUNAS SEMUA BAHKAN SEKARAN SAYA SUDAH BISA BUKA TOKO SENDIRI,ITU SEMUA ATAS BANTUAN AKI YG TELAH MEMBERIKAN ANKA JITUNYA KEPADA SAYA DAN ALHAMDULILLAH ITU BENER2 TERBUKTI TEMBUS..BAGI ANDA YG INGIN SEPERTI SAYA DAN YANG SANGAT MEMERLUKAN ANGKA RITUAL 2D 3D 4D YANG DIJAMIN 100% TEMBUS SILAHKAN HUBUNGI AKI NAWE DI 085-218-379-259 ATAU KLIK SITUS KAMI PESUGIHAN TAMPA TUMBAL NYATA

    ReplyDelete